Using a VPN is easy but when it comes to choosing a server for the best speed and internet freedom then some users find it quite difficult. Because they sometimes don’t know which server to choose for better speed and streaming experience. And connecting to a VPN server also changes your IP address. So some users connect to another server to bypass geo-restriction over some websites. Here we will show you which server to choose for a better experience
How to Choose the Best VPN Server Based on Your Needs :
- If you want to watch various American shows on Netflix and Amazon which are not available in your country then we recommend you connecting to a US server as United States has the biggest Netflix library outside Japan. You can use CyberGhost VPN to unblock American Netflix. They have many fast servers in America with Unlimited Bandwidth.
- If you live in Asia and you want to unblock websites that are restricted in your country you can connect to a Singapore server. You can use Express VPN to connect to Singapore servers. They have the lowest ping servers in Singapore.
- For internet freedom, you can try connecting to an Icelandic server. If you are looking for anonymity while browsing then connecting to a server in Iceland is worth a try
For stronger data protection, lightning-quick connectivity, and unlimited bandwidth we recommend you using Express VPN.
How Can You Change Your IP Address Using a VPN?
Changing your IP address with the help of a VPN is pretty simple. Your IP address depends on the location you are in. But when you connect to a VPN server you will be automatically assigned to a new IP address which will be based on the country you choose. So, if you are trying to access a website that is restricted in your country then changing to a different server using a VPN is your best bet.
Why Do You Need to Choose The Best VPN Server?
When you are choosing a server for your VPN connection you have to be pretty careful because choosing the best VPN server location, in this case, can sometimes make the difference between a loss of 5-10 Mbps and 40-50 Mbps in speed. If you are choosing a server for the sole reason of gaming then you have to choose a server that is physically nearer to you.
For example, if you live in India and you are choosing a server in the US or Uk you might encounter high ping or high packet loss. So you have to choose a server that is nearer to Singapore or Japan for a smooth gaming experience.
Why your speed reduces when you are choosing a server that is far away from you? the data packets are going to take longer to go through the client, server, and website(s). Of course, this isn’t guaranteed to happen 100% of the time. Sometimes, it can depend on how strong your CPU is (to handle the VPN encryption), and how much speed your ISP subscription provides. Also it can depend on the server’s load. VPN server’s load usually means how much internet traffic is traveling via that server at a given time. The bigger the load the more it is expected that this server will slow down your internet speed. To reach the best speeds it is best to connect to the server that has the least load.
How Can You Fasten Up Your VPN Connection Speed?
- Try switching to a faster VPN like Express VPN or Surfshark VPN instead of a slower VPN provider.
- Always try to choose a server in a nearby country. If you’re in the UK, a European VPN server will likely give you the best speeds. If you’re in Asia, consider a Japanese VPN server. American and Canadian VPN servers also tend to offer great speeds, providing you’re not too far away.
- Try to choose a country with a high volume of VPN servers.
Best VPN Location for Privacy and Security
The privacy and security of a VPN connection are the same no matter where you connect. However, the data retention law of the country you connect to or where the VPN company is based plays a role here.
Some countries require to collect user data that might be shared between the intelligence agencies and governments. These data retention laws might introduce a greater risk of a VPN provider logging something on their servers. So VPN companies might see challenges to keep their strict no-logs policies. Thus these VPN companies are based in such countries where it is not obliged to store user data. VPN providers such as Express VPN or Nord VPN always ensure your privacy while you are online. It is more important when you are choosing a VPN provider to see where the company is based and what their logging policy is.
Here Are Some Best Countries to Connect Through VPN Server:
- Switzerland: Switzerland is the best country to connect with when privacy is your priority. TheSwiss Data-Protection Law provides a constitutional right to privacy.
- Panama: Panama also has no data retention law to collect any user data. Nord VPN is a reputable Panama-based company with strict no-logs policy.
- Romania: Romania has a general data protection policy. If you are looking to access torrent websites you can try connecting to a server in Romania.
- The British Virgin Island: Currently, there is no data protection law enacted in the British Virgin Islands. This allows VPN companies to keep no logs. ExpressVPN is based in this country which is a great VPN service.
Some Best VPN Providers Across the World
|Rank||VPN Service||Rating||VPN Locations||Website|
|3400+ Servers in over 120 Countries|
|160+ worldwide locations|
|79+ Global Server Location|
|3500 servers in over 100+ locations|
Table of Contents
- How to Choose the Best VPN Server Based on Your Needs :
- How Can You Change Your IP Address Using a VPN?
- Why Do You Need to Choose The Best VPN Server?
- How Can You Fasten Up Your VPN Connection Speed?
- Best VPN Location for Privacy and Security
- Here Are Some Best Countries to Connect Through VPN Server:
- Some Best VPN Providers Across the World